© Los Angeles DJ School. All rights reserved.
This course ensures you learn the skills necessary to perform as a DJ in front of a crowd.
This course is comprised of 14 hours of sessions. By the end of these intense 1-on-1 sessions, you will know how to mix songs, know how to setup and tear down your equipment, how to transition with another DJ, and learn the most popular advanced sound FX techniques.
You will learn:
• Beat Matching – The first step is to ensure your ear is trained to match up your current song with the next.
• Mixing – The exact time in which you bring a new song in, along with when to fade-out/cut-out is critical.
• Equipment – We only teach on equipment used at the biggest clubs and largest festivals in the world, the Pioneer CDJ-2000NXS and XDJ-1000 decks w/ DJM-900NXS mixer. We will review what every single button and knob is for and practice away! We’ll ensure you know every knob, button and connection so that you can quickly troubleshoot.
• FX – We’ll ensure you know the most widely used sound FX techniques this amazing equipment has to offer.
• DJ Transition – We’ll ensure you know how to transition with others on the stage.
• Performance – While putting in your hours on the equipment, we’ll talk about reading the crowd, energy levels and practice quick transitions to keep the dance floor going.
By the end of this sessions you’ll be prepared to perform in front of a crowd!
Drinks & munchies are in the fridge. Grab some, hit the turntable & go!
We only teach on equipment used at the biggest clubs and largest festivals in the world, the Pioneer CDJ-2000NXS and XDJ-1000 decks with a DJM-900NXS mixer.